Friday, October 28, 2011

Tilda Swinton in UK Vogue (November)


This photo has been passed around heavily by my Palestine-oriented FB friends. It was announced that this photo appeared in the November issue of Vogue. I immediately ran down to my local Barnes & Noble and thumbed through every single page of the November issue. I didn't see it. I deduce that it appears (alas!) in UK Vogue and not in the USA edition. I hope someone will send it to me as a gift. It's pretty amazing, no? For those of you who are not Palestine fanatics, the scarf is in the the colors of the Palestine flag.

(Meanwhile, you have to see Tilda in the film Gloria (2008). Absolutely phenomenal.)

2 comments:

Melinda Huntley said...

Tilda Swinton is a gutsy actor and I salute her, it really can make a difference.

Melinda Huntley said...

I love, love this photo of Tilda Swinton, what courage, I'm not surprised by this but it sure makes me happy to see that Palestinian scarf!